Sunday, March 11, 2012

What's For Breakfast

I stopped buying cereal a couple of years ago.
Why, you ask?
  • Store bought cereals are so over processed that the natural nutrients from the grains have to be added back in a less absorbable form
  • They tend to contain an unnecessary amount of sugar
  • They're expensive
  • They're a waste of packaging
  • My kids didn't really eat them (probably the biggest reason)
Now, I'm not an early morning person.  Betty Crocker does NOT get up at 6 a.m. and cook a deliciously warm plate of goodness for her children in this house.

Betty's cousin, Tabitha, she does make things ahead of time and has them available for her precious little kiddos who find themselves incapable of breaking their own morning fast.










  
Sometimes I even make...
 (maybe not so healthy, but certainly yummy!)

Recipes I haven't featured yet, but I promise I will...

Pumpkin Scones
Fruit Crisp (lower the sugar & fat, add nuts and oats to the crisp topping)
Crust-free Pumpkin Custards (Libby's recipe minus the crust and 1/2 the sugar)
Rice & a glass of milk (set the timer on the rice cooker!)
Left-over pizza (They love it and as long as it's not overloaded with meat & cheese, it's ok)
Left-over Dinner (if it was healthy & good tasting last night, should be this morning)

This week I'm going to try some of the Make-Ahead Breakfasts featured on The Kitchn
01-2010_08_25-yogurtcup_rect540
Kaely would love this idea--She likes eating and drinking from mason jars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...