Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mom's Awesome Granola (courtesy of Molly)

Opened up the freezer and the granola container was EMPTY!  AHHHHH!

Time to make my most awesome granola...It really is the BEST!

The recipe comes from Molly Katzen's Sunlight Cafe' Cookbook.  You can find the recipe for  Very Crunchy Granola free at her online site.


I've made this so many times that the book opens to the recipe by itself...

I think I could make it without the book, but there's something comforting about having the recipe out.

I have made a few changes.  I'm sure Molly would be okay with them~she seems to encourage change.

1.  I warm the honey in the microwave before stirring in.  It smells so good!
2.  Instead of using all soy protein, I use 1/2 dried milk powder and 1/2 soy.

3.  I DON'T use any sunflower seeds...my family doesn't like them. 
4.  I sprinkle dried fruit on top for the last 10 minutes of cooking

5.  And I don't sprinkle with brown sugar at the end.  I forgot to do it one time and no one noticed, so now I forget on a regular basis.

Usually, a double recipe makes enough to fill a strawberry or ice cream container. 
(I had to fill a little container to give to my 19 yr. old who misses it )

Follow Molly's tips and DO stir with your hands, DO NOT stir more than once and DO store it in the freezer so it stays crunchy and yummy.

Finally, try not to ignore the fact that your dog doesn't care about what the family eats for breakfast...

She just wants her walk.  Now.

I'll be linking this post to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...