Monday, March 1, 2010

Busy week and Banana Bread

Last week was filled with "Thoroughly Modern Millie" muscial performances (not me, my daughter) and a championship swim meet.  I didn't have much time to do crafts, clean house, sew, or do anything creative, but I did manage to whip up an awesome quick breakfast treat.


Originally this recipe was "Mom's Banana Bread" from Cooking Light Magazine, but I've made it just a little bit healthier by using a little less sugar, using canola oil instead of l hydrogenated margarine, part whole wheat instead of all white, and a whole egg (egg yolks contain fat soluble vitamins that are good!) instead of two whites. 

The changes seem to have only increased consumption in our house! We went through two loaves in a day and a half--it makes a great snack too.   This bread freezes well and is definitely a favorite in our house.

Linking to...
UndertheTableandDreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...