Addie got a mini donut maker for Christmas from her Nana
This little puppy tops the Easy Bake any day!
It does got very hot, so it's not good for little little kids unless an adult is there to do the machine, but the batter is easy to mix, the wee little donuts bake up perfectly and they just pop right into your mouth.
First we tried the cake donut recipe from the accompanying booklet. They were good, but too sugary-sweet for us. Old Fashioned Applesauce Donuts from Mary Janes Farm...AWESOME!!
Camera phone pic...can't find the charger for my camera
Mini Applesauce Donuts
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup applesauce
2 Tbl. oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or heat up donut maker) & spray mini donut pan w/non-stick spray
- In a small bowl combine flour, sugar, soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, buttermilk, applesauce, oil, and vanilla.
- Fold flour mix into wet ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Fold in egg white.
- Add 1 Tbl. batter per donut mold.
- Bake 10 min. in oven or until little red light on donut maker turns off.
- Cool for 2 minutes then dip warm donuts in powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar (my fave!) or glaze.
I love Mary Janes Farm Magazine. I'm a Farmgirl. I have numerous back issues that I still pour over. I even have a bumper sticker that says "Mary Jane's Farmgirl"...Alyssa nearly died when she saw it. I had NO IDEA that "mary jane" means pot (marajuana)!!!! "Last Dance with Mary Jane"? Thought David Bowie was dancing his last dance with his girlfriend, Mary Jane. Didn't know it had anything at all to do with pot.
I accept my nomination as most naive mom alive.
Mary Jane's Farm Magazine has NOTHING to do with marajuana. It's about organic living, eating healthy, farming, etc. Mary Jane Butters the most beautiful farm in Idaho. You really should check it out...might freak your teens out a bit too.
A final word from the dog who really runs this house...