Monday, January 10, 2011

Modern Old-Fashioned Applesauce Donuts & Naivete

Addie got a mini donut maker for Christmas from her Nana
 
 This little puppy tops the Easy Bake any day!

It does got very hot, so it's not good for little little kids unless an adult is there to do the machine, but the batter is easy to mix, the wee little donuts bake up perfectly and they just pop right into your mouth.

First we tried the cake donut recipe from the accompanying booklet.  They were good, but too sugary-sweet for us.  Old Fashioned Applesauce Donuts from Mary Janes Farm...AWESOME!!

Camera phone pic...can't find the charger for my camera

Mini Applesauce Donuts

1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup applesauce
2 Tbl. oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg white, lightly beaten

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or heat up donut maker) & spray mini donut pan w/non-stick spray
  2. In a small bowl combine flour, sugar, soda, baking powder, and salt.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, buttermilk, applesauce, oil, and vanilla.
  4. Fold flour mix into  wet ingredients and stir until moistened.
  5. Fold in egg white.
  6. Add 1 Tbl. batter per donut mold.
  7. Bake 10 min. in oven or until little red light on donut maker turns off.
  8. Cool for 2 minutes then dip warm donuts in powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar (my fave!) or glaze. 

 I love Mary Janes Farm Magazine.  I'm a Farmgirl.  I have numerous back issues that I still pour over.  I even have a bumper sticker that says "Mary Jane's Farmgirl"...Alyssa  nearly died when she saw it.  I had NO IDEA that "mary jane" means pot (marajuana)!!!!  "Last Dance with Mary Jane"?  Thought David Bowie was dancing his last dance with his girlfriend, Mary Jane.  Didn't know it had anything at all to do with  pot. 
I accept my nomination as most naive mom alive.

Mary Jane's Farm Magazine has NOTHING to do with marajuana.  It's about organic living, eating healthy, farming, etc.  Mary Jane Butters the most beautiful farm in Idaho.  You really should check it out...might freak your teens out a bit too.

A final word from the dog who really runs this house...

1 comment:

  1. The photo was worth the click! I have never heard of a mini donut maker in my life but my kids would be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...