Monday, March 14, 2011

Cheery Cherries

I think part of my hard, have-to-be-perfect, lack-of-creative-freedom crafty shell may be starting to crack!

Is anything in this straight?
10 points if you can spot the dog hair in the photo!

I've needed a sewing machine cover for a long time.  All the measuring, deciding what pattern to use and  finding the perfect fabric has held me back.  For Years!!!  I've been sewing for 20 years now w/o a cover!

During my morning coffee I spied Noodlehead's cover (lucky swap partner!) and I was inspired to just do it!

It was a cloudy day...I grabbed this bright cherry fabric that I've been afraid to use, but have had my eye on for quite a while.
I "measured" and cut

Added some ribbon and lace cheery goodness

I even used a fancy stitch to MACHINE SEW on my binding!  Isn't it cute???!!!

It's by no means perfect, but I LOVE it!

My Cat loves it (he's in the chair)

And it really brightens my day when I walk in my sewing room and see it!


I'm showing this project off at:

2 comments:

  1. That is super cute! And Yes. I can see the dog hair, but that is only because I come from a household where no outfit is complete without it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree that is so cute! So glad that I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...