Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Color and Paint Berserker

THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN!

An art journaling mess of acrylic paint blend and stamps.
Messy, messy, messy, and Oh, so much fun!

I created this journal page for the GPP Street Team Crusade #55 -- "Disappearing Act"

#55 is my first one.

I started by creating a blended background with acrylic paint
I started with a purple and a red.
Sprayed some water on top before dry and blotted off excess paint
Created a grid using a dry paint brush with just a bit of bright purple paint.
Painted over a couple of the grid squares with pure color.

Then I used those same paint colors to paint a couple of stamps I had  and stamped in the grids.

Wanna see a close up?
Do you see the hidden "55" in there (that's the Crusade #) -tricky, tricky :)

I just love it.  Doing it and the result. 
Mega messy smiles here.

I got so excited while working that I mistook my ultra clean (LOL) wash water

With my snack.
At least the acrylic is non-toxic?

Now to clean-up my berserker...
I really was frantic with creative energy :)


BTW...My Crusade Journal cost me all of 25 cents.

I'll tell you all about it tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. I laughed when I saw the second photo re getting the water mixed up! And hey, welcome to the Crusades, it's nice to meet you. Yes, I wanted to see the close up - thanks nfor that. The colours look great and I think the pages turned up really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabitha, thank you for coming to play with us! I love that you showed your background, then the stamping, and the workspace mishap :) I love the repetition of the circles in the grid, and of course the clever "55". I appreciate being able to click on the photos for a detailed view. Nicely done! Sounds like you had a gas. Thanks for sharing with the team - welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages. Love the way you showed how you made them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so relieved I'm not the only person who has painted my snack! I love the grid work you did--it adds a formal look to a very fascinating combination of color and design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! Thanks for sharing the steps involved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your colors... bright and fun... the grid added great interest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOWZA - I love what you did with this! your grid background by itself is wonderful, and of course the disappearing stamps make it even more amazing. I know one of these days my paint brush is going to end up in my wine glass by mistake and I will be soooo sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...