Monday, October 4, 2010

EEK & BOO!

Addie & I did some more Mod Podgin' this weekend!


A couple of months ago I scored a pile of address tile frames at Goodwill



Only $1 a piece...I bought the whole stack...I had to!


I plan to put some burlap on the back of one and add address tiles that Alyssa, my oldest made in Art class several years ago.  Probably going to give the frame a nice coat of glossy black too.

Addie and I sprayed our Halloween signs with glossy black spray paint first.


We then mod podged some old sheet music onto the back and antiqued it with some stamping ink.

 
Finally, we cut B-O-O and E-E-K out with my Cricut (I used the font from the Winter Wonderland Cartridge), glittered the tops and put on the background with dimensional adhesive squares to make the letters pop.

BOO & EEK To You!  Oh, yes it's that time of year and
I Love It!

I'll be linking this project to:

Visit thecsiproject.com

 
 

2 comments:

  1. These are so great! Wish I could find something that cool at a thrift store :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! If you don't have address signs like these (great find, btw!!) I may have an alternate solution. Pinterest has several tutorials for making art from the tubes inside paper towel rolls that have a similar look to the scrolled edges of your project. Just cut the rolls, curl as desired, glue together and paint black. Then glue the scrolls to each side of your project. It's worth a try!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...