Wednesday, September 25, 2013

ART 170

 I'm back in school.
I'm 45 years old, I have 3 grown kids, 14 years ago I got a BS in Nutrition and now I'm back for Art Education Certification.

I'll always be my family's personal nutritionist and forever interested in the world of food and dietetics, but art has been calling to me for years and it was time to answer.

Today was Design Basics.
My instructor, Seth, is younger than my daughter, but he seems really cool.
He's into ceramics and I'm not, but I'll work through it.

The book...
I usually HATE (really despise!) textbooks, but this one is filled with pictures of art and I'm actually a little excited about the info. 
Who wouldn't want to know more about design?!

The assignment...
Fill in the middle of this Escher fragment.
I have 4 days to do it.
Really?!  
There's some reading to do too, but I'm thinking the whole 10 pages won't be that time consuming.

Tomorrow is Photography and Metal Smithing.
I'm excited!
For the first time in a long time I'm excited about what lies ahead (and it has nothing to do with my kids)!

Art, I heard you calling and I'm here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...