Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer Days

 
The Calendar says it's not summer yet, but...
It's sunny
School's almost out
And I'm reading for a seasonal change on my front door.

Calendar be damned, it's now summer on my front porch!
Last year my girls and I went to Seaside, OR and went "sand dollarin'" .
We found buckets of sand dollars and they ALL came home.
 
A few found a home on this twig wreath along with some raffia and Christmas picks that I found on clearance at Michaels last year.
Christmas...summer wreath deco...it's all the same, right?!
 
Underneath I added my seaside birdhouses--also found on clearance at Michaels.
 
The Lighthouse.
 
I made the life ring from a little plastic crochet ring.
The red stripes are painted with red acrylic.
 
The Captain's House
 
I'd really like to find one more house for the village.
Seems like the captain might get a little lonely, or maybe she has kids and they need somebody to play with.  Where are they supposed to shop?!
 
They might need a sea plane too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...