Friday, July 1, 2011

All That Junk!

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk inside that trunk?

Lets' be real...I'm a 43 year old mom...I'm gonna art journal with it.

Addie and I like to go 'splorin' at our little airport when we walk  Bo.  It used to be an Air Force base during WWII, so there's lots of cool rusty junk up there just begging to be picked up by two little art nuts.

The background is an image transfer w/matte gel medium using a page from a 1950s handyman book (the only females in the book are baking for the strong men folk), which I then distressed.  Then I layered it with some sparkly gold sheer fabric and sewing some of my findings to the page with gold thread.  Added a few tags for fun. 

I still have a big jar full of rusty washers, springs, and other odds and ends...how exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...