Friday, April 1, 2011

There is a season...

Our strange, yet very happy and perfect-for-us, family changed this last week.
(Bet you're hoping it's a Halloween pic, huh!)

My craft helper, kid watcher, great listener, baking taste-tester, chickie watcher, bee eater,  best doggie in the whole wide world had to be put down last week.  It was so hard to do, but we owed her the kind of love it took to make the decision and keep her from being in pain.

Joel, Alyssa, Kaely and I picked up Princess Blue Belle Blue from the Tri-Cities 15 years ago.  The kennel (I'm using "kennel" to be polite term) was deplorable, but we couldn't not take this trashy little Golden Retriever home.  Her mom was Bathtub Gin and her dad, Rusty Bucket--that should've been a warning, but it wasn't. She was ours the minute we spotted her and would be our Belle Belle.

She was the best puppy in the whole world.
When we brought our new baby Addie home from the hospital we let Belle meet her and give her a good sniff first thing. 
That made for one happy doggie and a very lucky little girl.

We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful dog. 

I'm sorry I've been remiss in blogging.  I just haven't been able to this last week.

Being a pet-friendly family and feeling like we had limb removed, when we heard about a puppy who needed rescuing we opened up our home once again.  So we've got a funky new member that'll I'll introduce you to this weekend along with a new blog look.  I rearranged a lot of the furniture too (it's how I deal with death and moving on). 

Life does move on.

But I do miss my sweet little Belle Belle and thank you so much for helping me to raise three fabulous girls who loved you in ways that can't even be put into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...