Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Village People Gifts!

Projects undone, Christmas presents never finished, but I still need to get my craft room cleaned out...

Nothing like a Happy Tuesday gift in the middle of February, right?!
Mustache glasses for my nephew Michael.
I saw Tatertots & Jello's tutorial and I just knew he'd love them!

Kaely does!
Doesn't she look like one of the Village People!

Easy, easy to do.
Get yourself some:
  • Dollar Store glasses
  • Rubbing Alcohol
  • Permanent glassware paint (I used "Glossies")
  • Paintbrushes
  • Tape
  • 3" wide mustache clip art (just "google" it in images and you'll find tons!)
1. Tape your mustache image to the inside of the glass.
2.  Clean outside of glass with rubbing alcohol (very important step)

3.  Paint.  I usually paint the outside first (like cookie decorating) & then fill in.
4.  Remove paper and check for areas that need filling in.

5.  Dry for 24 hours and then bake in the oven as directed.

VOILA!

And when you posterize...
Total Macho Man!



Linking to...
Weekend Wrap-Up at Tatertots & Jello
Craft-O-Maniac Mondays at CraftO-Maniac
Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...