Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Iron Craft #8! I did it!

Eleventh Hour entry to Iron Craft!


I live in a, "Pretty little valley in the center of the state where the clouds are blown from the sun.  There's a pretty little valley in the center of the state, it's _________, Washington!"  (Words from my hometown's song that was written by the elementary principal).  WINDY is the key word when it comes to our town.
So I embroidered a wind cloud and windies onto some grey stretch velour.

Warning:  Do anything with stretch velour is very difficult.  Your first impulse may be to use it because it's pretty, but make sure you're prepared for a chore.
Crossed my fingers that the invisible marker would come off...it did, but with some water assistance.
I backed it with some pretty eyelet and added some vintage lace that I managed to get my hands on in a swap. 
Tried to model it myself.  Not easy.

Had Kaely model it...much better.
Yay, me for finally getting an Iron Craft done.


Favorite Things Friday at The Speckled Dog
Everything But The Kitchen Sink at A Little Knick Knack
Weekend Wrap-Up at Tatertots & Jello
Craft-O-Maniac Mondays at Craft-O-Maniac

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely scarf in my favorite shade and that lace at the bottom really set the whole thing off! Well done. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's beautiful! I LOVE the lace! It all came together wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...