Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's Soup Time

It's freezing cold, snow is falling, kids are finally back in school (I love em', but a little separation can be a good thing)...Time for soup!!!


Not my picture...quality and lighting are way too good!
Yum!  Here's the recipe via Our Best Bites

Tortellini Sausage Soup

3 links Italian sausage w/casings removed
4 cloves pressed garlic
1 onion, diced
1/2 c. water
2 cans chicken broth
1/2 c. apple cider (adds a really nice, sweet freshness to the broth!)
1-16 oz. can diced tomatoes
1-8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 c. sliced carrots
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 medium zucchini, grated
8-10 oz. package cheese tortellini
2 Tbl. dried parsley

For cooking pictures and directions head on over to the recipe at Our Best Bites

Kaely is a vegetarian, so I had to do a little omnivore~vegetarian melding by using vegetable stock instead of the chicken stock and adding the sausage later in the recipe.   Before adding the tortellini (the last stage) or dished out a couple of portions of the soup base and put it in a smaller saucepan.  I then added sausage and 3/4 of the tortellini to my big omnivore pot and added 1/4 tortellini to the small vegetarian pot. 

Everyone LOVED it!!!  I can't wait to try more of her recipes!!

Alas, the only negative to the soup is that it left its mark on my snowflake tablecloth.



Oh, well.  It didn't really go with the Sunflower Bird Bath Christmas present from Joel's sister that he decided to display on my dinner table.

Linens can be washed.  Bird baths go outside.  Problem solved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...