Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hot Buttered Rum!

Kaely's got my camera for Jazz Choir breakfast, so I thought I'd share the best, REALLY, hot buttered rum recipe EVER!
 Hot Buttered Rum Mix
From Betty Crocker's Christmas Book

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup plus 2 Tbl. packed brown sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups powdered sugar
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

Beat butter and brown sugar on med. speed for 5 minutes until fluffy.  Beat in whipping cream and powdered sugar alternately on low speed until smooth.  Stir in cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.

For Hot Buttered Rum:  Place 1 oz. rum (I like dark) and 2 heaping Tbl. mix in a mug.  Add 1/2 cup boiling water.  Sprinkle with extra nutmeg and serve.  YUM!

For your pretty picture enjoyment...
Some clip art from a 1940s holiday drink book I found in my mother-in-laws collection. 
ENJOY!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! Gonna be needing this when I move to the mountains of Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tabitha, me again. I did a post using this Buttered Rum Mix recipe with links & credits to you. Come check it out.
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2010/12/hot-buttered-rum-my-way.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...