Thursday, April 22, 2010

Taking Time & Day Three

Ice Cream Sundae

This was my first time at satin stitch.  I'm not entirely happy with this square~this stitchalong is a great exercise in "just do it" for me.  Usually I am so worried about things being perfect that I don't even start projects.  One-1" block a day, free-style is forcing me to accept what I've done.

Turns out someone has been very eager to get her hands on these supplies...

Usually I share my craft stuff with Addie, so she kept asking when she could start something too.  I kept putting her off with excuses about finding the right supplies, etc.  Finally I just grabbed an old piece of fabric, threaded an embroidery needle and told her to go for it...

And she did.  And you know what?  It was fun for me and for her.  I think her favorite tool is the air-erase marker, but she went for it with the floss too.  I don't know why I kept stalling her.  It didn't take that long to get supplies together for her, she had fun doing it (no TV on too!), and I now have a little stitchalong partner.

Okay, the back is a bit messed up, but it's a start and, really, you don't see the back anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...