Another Steampunk project and it's for Sandee & Amelie's Steampunk Challenge...AGAIN.
What can I say--I love steampunk.
The challenge this month is "unfinished'.
This was a hard one for me. What to do? What to do?
I didn't want to make something and just not actually finish the item, although a few of the people in the challenge have and did some really cool looking stuff. I wanted to uber-challenge myself and make "unfinished" part of my finished project.
Here it is...my steampunk bot? steampunk machine? steampunk fembot? steampunk mannequin?
I dunno what to call it to be honest.
Steambot? Steamy Fempunk?
She still needs a head and arms, but for my part, as a project it is finished.
I started with a paper mache' mannequin from Michael's, hollowed it out, caved in some seams to look like metal pieces, painted it black and then metallized it with rub n' buff. I also added some small grommets for a more steampunky look.
Inside the hollow I added a soldered metal concoction made up of jewelry, gears, wings and wire to create Steamy Fempunk guts and glue that in.
I reattached the door with copper tape that doubles as a hinge.
I wish I'd planned the doors a little better so I could use actual hinges, but once the Styrofoam was cut, it was a done deal.
I added a skewer that I metallized to the bottom of the mannequin and then embedded it in a wooden candlestick base that I also metallized. Gears and a flourish were then added because it IS steampunk and ordinary just won't suffice!
To cover the hole in the candlestick I added a medallion that I purchased at craft warehouse some time ago.
Last, but certainly not least because it MAKES the theme work, are the wires that lead to the head connection. I used copper, aluminum and some plastic coated--some of it I curled, some left straight.
There we have it!
My Steamy Fempunk!
Steampunk Wishes to you all and happy creating!