I should have been painting the front room.
Instead, I made a hat.
A steampunk hat.
I couldn't resist posing it on our door gargoyle
Metal-look flowers made from a Silhouette rose cutout and hardware cloth
Random gears and a band made with black edging finished with gold rub n'buf
hinge made of cardboard and embossed with gold powder
feather sprayed painted silver
The hat form itself was made with black plastic that I purchased at a Habitat For Humanity store for only a dollar!
I used a free top hat template by Tom Banwell.
I sewed the pieces together with black wire
It wasn't easy and will test your patience, so I recommend have a side-kick who can laugh at your curses in the room with you!
It was her idea to spray paint the plastic with a rust colored paint.
Now I suppose I need to paint...
After I post this at Sandee & Amelie's October Steampunk Challenge (Steampunk Couture), of course!