Monday, September 16, 2013

Tim Holz Day...apparently

It all started with a paper mache' skull I purchased at Michael's.
I don't have a before picture of the skull, but suffice it to say that it was plain, flat and brown.

I painted it white, let that dry and then added a medium coat of Tim Holz Rock Candy Crackle
It so hard to be patient and wait for the crackle, but well worth the patience!
I only used my heat gun for a wee bit (nobody's THAT patient).
After the crackle dried I added I went to town with Tim Holz Distress inks in Vintage Photo, Crushed Olive and Black. I continued to sponge on inks until i had the aged, faux bone look I was going for.

It looks so real!    EEEEEKKKK!
I'll be linking up my Faux Aged Skull with Inspiration Journal's September Challenge, Falling For Faux challenge.

I had all my inks, sprays and crackles out at that point--I simply could not put them away, so I brought out an Art Dust inspired Altered Halloween Book I've been slowly working on.
"Poilu-A Dog of Roubaix"
$1 at Goodwill.
Pages from signatures have been removed, others glued together to make them sturdier, niche cut, cover painted, and then put on the shelf until today!

I wasn't ready to commit to a finished page, but I was all in for backgrounds.
 Vintage Photo & Crushed Olive Distress Ink, Picket Fence Crackle with green embossing powder sprinkled in places.

 Vintage Photo Distress ink, stencil cut on my silhouette, embossing paste, copper embossing powder

 Distress Stains (Vintage Photo & Peeled Paint), Perfect Pearls Cappuccino Mist, green embossing powder

Tim Rocky Candy Crackle (didn't show up much on the paper), Vintage Photo and Crushed Olive Distress Ink, Copper embossing powder.

Still not feeling like I want to finish any of the pages, but I had a lot of fun and made a huge mess--happy me!


1 comment:

  1. I found you from your previous blog. I like your style and creativity. Come play with us on Wednesdays for Haunted Humpdays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...