Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Tiny Challenge

This post was originally published on my previous blog, "Kluckingbear", on  8/31/13

A new steampunk challenge blog has popped up.

The August challenge involved using a matchbox in your steampunk art.

It looked fun, so I
thought I'd try my hand at some steampunk.
 This little Valise used to be an itty bitty matchbox.

I removed the matches, painted inside and out with black acrylic paint, and then applied some metallic rubs that I own (they're just like gilder's paste).

I added some side straps made of paperboard and a jewelry clasp for a handle. 
I added grommets and springs
Watch gears and even more springs.
On the inside I added a Tim Holz box corner in brass, a watch dial, a spring with some gears attatched, and a miniature vial of metal shavings.  I dyed the outside of the clear bottle with butterscotch alcohol ink and then I embellished the lid with a random eyeball I had lying around and yet another watch dial.
I'm not sure what any of these parts do in my made-up little valise, but they seemed to fit.

This was incredibly fun, but I have a lot of respect for people who work with miniatures now!
It's hard to do--the glue alone will make you scream.
Miniatures require lots of patience, tweezers, pins and sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...