Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year Redo

Edit: I've rewritten this whole post.  I was trying to be all informative, but I wasn't being myself, so I changed it.  I really just wanted to show you this photo and jump up and down about my cleaning adventures. So here she goes...

After shutting the chickens in last night I noticed how cozy my house looks when standing out in the snow with those wonderful icicles and snow covered furniture.
Ahhhhhh.... 
 
    And we're cleaning that cozy little abode.
    We're taking it one room at a time, one day at a time and from the top down.
    I removed dust bunnies, cob webs, greasy, grimy gopher dust and I even vacuumed under the couch and it's cushions!
     
    I'm stuck inside anyway, might as well clean.
    I don't like to do it in the spring. because I want to be OUT in the spring!
     
    And here's some recipes for wonderfully effective, non-toxic, inexpensive, natural cleaners that I've used for years...
     
    Homemade Cleansers
     I do not remember the name of the blog that I got these from.  If you know it, please comment so I can give  them credit!
 
Glass Cleaner
1 C. white Vinegar
2 C. warm Water
1/2 tsp. dish soap (like Dawn)
10-15 drops of essential oil (I like Valencia orange, but clove or cinnamon sounds good)
 
Add to a clean spray bottle.  Shake until dish soap is fully dissolved.
 
All-Purpose Cleaner
great for counters and even pet cages
 
1/2 tsp. washing soda (like Arm & Hammer's, found in a box the washing detergent aisle)
1/2 tsp. liquid castille soap (found in the natural foods area at grocery stores)
2 C. hot water
10-15 drops essential oil
 
Add all ingredients to a clean spray bottle.  Shake until everything is fully dissolved.
 
Air Deodorizer
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vinegar
2 c. water
10 drops essential oil in scent that you enjoy for the room
 
Mix all the ingredients in a spray bottle or atomizer bottle.
 
Mopping Liquid
My own recipe
1 c. white vinegar
8 gal. hot water
 
 
Have a Healthy and Happy New Year!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...