Thursday, May 12, 2011

Kale Smoothie

Yup...Kale Smoothie (cut with some berries for taste)

Driving Addie to school, listening to NPR, Alice Waters drinks Green Smoothies.  Green leafies like kale, collard greens, beet greens, spinach are soooo nutritious and most people, including myself, don't eat nearly enough of them.  They're high in B Vitamins, iron, folacin, even calcium.  Not to mention the fiber!

Alice goes for the collard greens and her smoothie is GREEN.  Alice is a GREEN smoothie person, though.  Me, not so much, but trying to be greener.

My smoothie does not turn green, but does incorporate greens and is very healthy and good;
INGREDIENTS 
  • 1 small container of yogurt (I prefer vanilla)
  • Berries (I like frozen because they firm up the smoothie)
  • Wheat Germ
  • Orange Juice
  • Kale
  • Banana (not pictured)
  • Blender (I use a Magic Bullet)

Add all the ingredients to your blender and whiz away.  Add more or less juice depending on how thick you like it.

Total Yummage and you've just enjoyed a full serving of green leafy veggies!

Puppy trying to eat all the ingredients and dishtowel while you try to take a picture is, of course, optional.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...