Friday, February 18, 2011

I need some pretty

It's been all about snot and puke here this last week.  At home, at Fred Meyer (they were very nice about it) .
Finally, it's a sunny day, the snotter/puker is back in school and I'm sitting here not knowing what to do. 

Upon reflection...I need some pretty and I need to pop some from my very own soul (I've been watching "Dead Like Me"--love it!)


Click for details

I'm doing an e-course ! Four journaling, artsy classes offered by Hope Wallace Karney, Lisa McIlvain,   Lenna Young Andrews and Lisa Green.
I do admire them, but I'm not a scrapbooker and I'm not one to write pages and pages of reflection in a journal each day.

 I do like to doodle a bit, I find bits and pieces of things that I want to keep for no apparent reason other than that they please me, and I wouldn't mind jotting down a few things about my day.  So I'm going to try art journaling.

click for details

I'm starting with Hope Wallace Karney's Nostalgic Musings e-course.  $28 online, work-at-your-own-pace, available anytime, beginner's journaling course.  It includes assignments with prompts, resources for supplies, technique instruction, links, and a Flickr group.

I'm already nervous.  Silly me.  I have to find a journal and I was worried about what to get...until I read my assignment and looked at the resource page talking about different kinds of journals, how to make your own, etc. 

Gonna make my own.  I can do this!  Graphics Fairy & Just Something I Made  look out because I'm going to be doing some major freebie downloading!

hee hee hee...I just did spellcheck.  "Snotter" and "puker" aren't words?  Spellcheck obviously doesn't have kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...