Friday, January 14, 2011

SAM & Pablo Today

Joel & I went to the Seattle Art Museum's Picasso exhibit today!

There's Joel waiting in the 10:40 a.m. line.  No pictures inside...sorry.

Great Exhibit.  All the pieces were from Picasso's personal collection.  Long drive to get there, over 10 galleries to view, tons of people waiting to buy tickets (we were lucky enough to get tickets online), tons of people in the exhibit, but it was still worth it.

I'm not a huge cubism fan, but I like a lot of his other styles.  I certainly do appreciate his talent and after viewing this exhibit, which embodies a history of his different styles (he went between many in his lifetime, I appreciate his ability that much more.  He was an asshole, though.  Really.  Self-centered, womanizing, chauvenistic a-hole...who was a great artist.  What are ya gonna do?

Photographs were allowed on a few of the outside exhibits.  Not the Jackson Pollack, but so it goes.

The costume pictured above is made of dogtags, but they weren't previously owned.  When you read them, they're just nonsense.  Still...I like the presentation.

This giant black fuzzy mouse...fabulous.   I want him in my entryway.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend the day! I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...