Friday, January 28, 2011

Lace & Clip Art Therapy

This foggy weather is killing me!  Ugh.  I have problems with depression even when the sun is shining.  Take away my Serotonin source and I just want to crawl into a hole.

Gazing out my dreary window yesterday I noticed some ugly (cool, though) that wasn't due to fog.

I can't throw away clippings that will grow...so I put them in a mason jar and let them do their thing.  Their thing, while pretty cool, is kinda gross and scummy.

I could get a new jar that wasn't see-through, but the cat drinks out of this one and he's very picky and I cater to him.

Solution:  Mod Podge,  crochet lace, and a foam brush (and extra jars because you're having fun)

1) Apply said mod podge to jar with said foam brush. 
 2) Stick on some lace to cover--I found cotton crochet sticks better than nylon.
 3) Let dry for 10 min or more
 4)  Apply more mod podge over lace, being careful not to pull lace out of shape
 5 )Find more jars in the recycle bin and repeat process, because you have glue all over yourself already and you're on a roll.  Fine'.

I put some LED tea lights in the plant-less jars and they look really pretty.  The mod podge makes the glass look kinda frosty, which works really well with a candle or tea light.  I'll take a pic tonight to show you.

Dreary weather again today, so I added some clip art spring.  Maybe I'll become crazy enough to think they're real and cheer up!

Detail is a little better on the mantel

I think these lace jars would be GREAT for summer lanterns with the lacy pattern shining through
. MUST MOD PODGE MORE JARS...
Addie and I decided to do some Valentine's crafting last night.  Almost done...more later!



Linking up to:
Everything but the Kitchen Sink at A Little Knick Knack
The Friday Flair at WhipperBerry
Weekend Wrap-Up at Tatertots & Jello
Monday Link Party at Craft-o-Maniac
Show & Tell at Blue Cricket Design
Favorite Things Friday at The Speckled Dog

8 comments:

  1. very pretty and simple! I hope you don't mind, but I sending this link to DollarStoreCrafts.com to share this really cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there- saw this through Whipperberry's link party! What an improvement- gorgeous!!
    I have become a follower of your blog.Please follow mine too.Thanks .Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are beautful. I would like to see what they look like with a candle burning in them at night time in the dark. They would also be so cute filled with Jelly beans for gift giving. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so lovely! love them! saving the project idea for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the way the lace plays peekaboo with the contents of the jar. Gotta love mod podge! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a wonderful idea. I will have to try it. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable! I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...