Friday, February 19, 2010

Sunny Day

We're experiencing some gorgeous sunny weather here in this windy little burg.  The warmth  is just perfect for working quilt tops.

My circle quilt from Make It... A Wonderful Life's tutorial.  I raw edge appliqued all the circles~much easier than I thought it would be and the edge looks very clean.

I used a CD as a template for the circles.  Normally holding a CD in place to cut, or even a ruler, would be very difficult for me because of the arthritis in my hands...then I discovered these beauties

 I first saw them at Craft Warehouse--the whole fabric cutting crew uses them and they let me try them out.  These little girppers are FABULOUS!  They strongly suction cup to an acrylic ruler (or CD) and you can use a full hand grip and weight to hold the ruler in place.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE these!  My ruler used to wiggle while I cut and my hand ached afterwards, but that is totally eliminated now with these little hummers.

Happy upcoming weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...