Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Vintage Halloween Look

Made some more Halloween decorations for the house yesterday...

Right now I've got the plaques hanging on my Hallmark Family Tree (remember those?!)

They're easy to make

I used a Dollar Store plaque & black crepe paper, this free clip art from The Graphics Fairy, old sheet music, some Mod Podge, Martha's black glitter, distress ink and, of course, my trusty glue gun.

  1. Mod Podge old sheet music to the plaque
  2. Trim and sand the outside edges of the wood/sheet music
  3. "Antique" it a bit with distress ink (brown works too)
  4. Glitter the outside edges of the plaque
  5. Glue a crepe paper ruffle onto back of plaque
  6. Glue your vintage image to the center of the plaque (I backed my image with some black cardstock to make it stand out a bit more)
  7. Adds some bats and a ribbon to hang (I  just kept the ribbon that was already on the plaque)

And I made another one with a  Jolee's scrapbook embellishment I found years ago


Any vintage image or scrapbook embellishment would work.  The Graphics Fairy has a lot of free images to choose from~just click on "Halloween" in the labels column.  You can also find some wonderful old Halloween postcards to print and use at Vintage Holiday Crafts.

When I was uploading my photos I found that a little Gremlin decided to take a few of her own pics...

As her mother I felt I just had to hop on over to Picnik and add to the picture. 
Hee hee hee!

I'll be linking to...


Sunday Showcase Party at Sawdust and Paper Scraps
Halloween Link Party at Eighteen25
Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts
Everything but the Kitchen Sink at A Little Knick Knack
Wednesday Link Party at Tea Rose Home
Weekend Wrapup at Tatertots & Jello
Craft-O-Maniac Monday


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tabitha! I love this project and just linked to your tutorial from my site. Let me know if that's okay with you.

    http://www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com/Halloween-Decorations/Vintage-Style-Halloween-Plaques

    Thanks!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...